Who we are
Are you up for fun, adventure, incredible experiences and making new friends? Are you looking for something to give you the edge in life? Then welcome to the RAF Air Cadets. Better known as the 'Air Cadets', we’re a UK-wide cadet force with more than 40,000 members aged between 12 and 20 years.
We're sponsored by the Royal Air Force and can give you hands-on experience of activities and courses that will challenge and develop your skills to help you succeed in whatever you want to do. HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is also our Honorary Air Commandant!
The RAF Air Cadets is made up of two areas:
- Air Training Corps - The ATC is the RAF's cadet force, divided into six regions, 34 wings and more than 900 squadrons within communities around the UK
- Combined Cadet Force (RAF) - The CCF (RAF) is our section of the CCF which is made up of cadets from all three services, coming together in approximately 200 independent and state schools across the country.
Our aims are to:
- Promote and encourage a practical interest in aviation and the Royal Air Force among young people
- Provide training which will be useful in the Services and civilian life
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and develop qualities of leadership and good citizenship
And there's one more important thing - it's a lot of fun!